St. Nicholas Montessori School is a private school providing Early Years and Primary
education through the Montessori Method to pupils from 3 years to 12 years.
St Nicholas Montessori School is committed to safeguarding children, staff, parents
and all visitors to our school. We have policies, procedures and practices in place to
ensure that we are providing a safe place for children, staff, parents and visitors.
The Board of Management of St. Nicholas Montessori School has agreed the Child
Safeguarding Statement set out in this document.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
- St. Nicholas Montessori School is committed to safeguarding the children in
our care and to providing a safe environment in which they can learn, develop
- The school believes that the welfare of the children attending is paramount.
We are committed to child-centred practice in all our work with children.
- We are committed to upholding the rights of every child and young person
who attends the school, including the rights to be kept safe and protected
from harm, listened to, and heard.
- Our policy and procedures to safeguard children and young people reflect
national policy and legislation and are underpinned by Children First: National
Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children, DCYA, 2017, Child
Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Practice and Procedure, Tusla, 2018, and
the Children First Act 2015.
- Our policy declaration applies to all paid staff, volunteers, visitors, Board
members, Parents’ Association and students on work placement or teaching
practice within our organisation.
- All Board members, staff, volunteers and students must sign up to and abide
by the policies, procedures and guidance encompassed by this policy
declaration and our child safeguarding policy and accompanying procedures.
- We will review our child safeguarding statement and accompanying child
safeguarding policies and procedures every 2 years or sooner if necessary,
due to service issues or changes in legislation or national policy.
DESIGNATED LIAISON PERSON (DLP) FOR CHILD PROTECTION
To read the Child Safeguarding Procedure or access the Checklist for Review of the Child Safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment, please download the full statement below: